Can CBD help bones? It is known that as you get older your bones become weaker and it’s easier to break bones, as they become fragile. With CBD been new to the world and everyone still wanting to know the true benefits of it.
What is CBD?
CBD is 1 of 113 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant and accounts for up to 40% of the plants extract. What does CBD oil stand for? CBD oil stands for cannabidiol. It’s a natural occurring substance that’s used in products like oils and edibles to impart a feeling of relaxation and calm. Unlike it’s cousin, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the active ingredient. CBD and THC are the main cannabinoids in the hemp plant.
How does CBD work?
Cannabidiol works by entering the body and connecting to receptors. These receptors are called CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptor plays the role in helping with health and disease, cardiovascular and motor control and are primarily located on nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. Whereas CB2 receptors helps with the immune system by managing pain and inflammation. CB2 receptors are mainly found on white blood cells, in the tonsils and in the spleen.
The receptors work through something called the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is a molecular system responsible for regulating and balancing many processes in the body, including immune response, communication between cells, appetite and metabolism, memory and more. It is through this system of receptors and metabolic enzymes that cannabinoids interact with the human body and trigger beneficial effects. The endocannabinoid system was only recently discovered, and its full importance is still not known.
What are bones?
Bones provide structure, protection and movement, it is the basic framework of the body. There are 206 bones in the body which also produce blood cells. store important minerals and release hormones necessary for bodily functions. Bones are firm and strong unlike other living organs but they do have their own blood, lymphatic vessels and nerves.
Conditions that affect bones
There are different conditions that affect the skeletal system some can be long term; some can be short. For example, the most common condition that affects bones is a fracture, which occurs when a bone endures a great impact that it breaks.
Other common conditions that affect the skeletal system include:
- Osteoporosis: This is a disease where the bones become fragile and are very prone to fracturing.
- Leukaemia: This is a cancer of the white blood cells.
- Osteopenia: This is where your bones are weaker than normal, however not so weak that they break easy.
- Osteitis Deformans: Also known as Paget Disease, it is a chronic bone disorder that typically results in enlarged, deformed bones due to excessive breakdown and formulation of the bone tissue. It can cause the bones to weaken and may result in bone pain, arthritis, bone deformities and fractures.
- Osteomalacia: It is a disease characterized by the softening of the bones caused by impaired bone metabolism. Primarily due to inadequate levels of available phosphate, calcium and vitamin D. It causes inadequate bone mineralization due to the impairment of bone metabolism.
- Scoliosis: Is a sideways curvature of the spine that occurs normally during the growth spurt just before puberty.
- Kyphosis: It is a spinal disorder that has an excessive outward curve of the spine which results in an abnormal rounding of the upper back.
- Lordosis: Refers to your natural lordotic curve, which is normal. However, if the curve arches too far inward, it is called lordosis.
So, can CBD help Bones?
As you get older theirs no doubt your bones become weaker. Your bones become denser as you get older with your bones been the densest at around 25, and at 40 your bones start to deteriorate. Making it easier to break a bone as you get older.
So, how can CBD help bones?
It is believed that the endocannabinoid system has a play in bone formation. Scientists believe this could have a massive change on bone aging. In a study rats were given either CBD or CBD and THC, they were then monitored. The CBD only group healed group healed faster. They were also less likely to suffer a future break in the same area because the repair bone was stronger.
To Buy CBD Pharm’s Premium CBD Oil: Click Here.